Modern smartphones have exponentially increased the generation of photo and video content. It’s just easier and faster to create sharable content and material that can be used for personal or professional projects. Along with this abundance of our digital collecting of snapshots and videos comes the need to be able to organize, maintain, and find assets on demand.
The notes cataloged here are the start of a comprehensive guide for using photo and video metadata in a meaningful and useful way.
Digital asset management solutions
- Extensis Portfolio is the grandpa of digital asset management. They’ve been at it for years and have the experience and robust kinds of solution that demonstrate their expertise. Their platform comes with built-in support for rich and industry standard metadata.
- Imagen is one of the first solutions to offer AI-powered management of your digital assets.
- MediaValet is a great solution for agencies looking to centralize their marketing materials, content, and media while enabling team collaboration, and access for employees and clients.
- Nuxeo Platform is a cloud-native tool that enables you to do content-centric application development without code.
- Widen Collective is the love child of a business with 70+ years of experience, they were also named “Digital Asset Management Vendor of the Year.” Though, with rates starting at US$28,000/year, this is definably an enterprise-level solution for large businesses.
- Zenfolio is a hybrid tool that combines digital assessment and online stores for professional photographers.
- “IPTC Photo Metadata User Guide” offers outstanding guidance on using standardized metadata to describe the origin and content of an image. Their guidance offers a high quality standard for maintaining details about general image content, people, locations, rights, and general content governance and administration.