Mark over at Weblog Tools Collection wrote a short and clever post titled “Things You Should Avoid Blogging About.” In summary:
- Don’t write about your pet
- Don’t gripe about how busy you are
- Don’t whine about comments (specifically lack of)
- Don’t lament the future in-laws
- Don’t write ‘dear diary, i never dreamed this would happen to me…’
So to paraphrase, blog authors should endeavor to not be self absorbed. Yes, breaking the rules and getting personal can yield interesting results—when done sparingly.
Thanks Mark! Sounds like good advice.